Organisers of the event to be held at the Dubai Cricket Stadium are expecting a crowd of around 50,000.
Modi, the first Indian prime minister to visit the United Arabe Emirates (UAE) after Indira Gandhi in 1981, is expected to arrive in Abu Dhabi on August 16 and will visit Dubai the next day.
Modi is paying an official visit to the UAE at the invitation of General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Modi will also meet Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the vice president and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai, during the visit.
The talks are set to focus on trade, investment and security cooperation and also the large Indian diaspora, said sources.
Modi’s predecessor Manmohan Singh had planned to visit the UAE twice but had to cancel it due to domestic engagements.
The public reception is expected to be a grand event similar to the community events Modi addressed in the US, Canada, Australia and other countries which he has travelled to since elected to office in May last year.
Meanwhile, preparations are in full speed for Monday’s mega event with food courts being set up and canopies erected at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
A meeting of the Indian Community Welfare Committee (ICWC) was held at the consulate on August 10 to prepare for Modi ..
Tags: Narendra Modi first UAE trip, Namo in Dubai, India PM in Dubai, Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Live in Dubai, Watch Live Video of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium, PM Modi in Dubai Recent Events; National Events; PM Modi in Dubai International Events. PM Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium in Dubai · PM Modi comes to Dubai National Handloom.
1) The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will address the Indian community at a cultural extravaganza on the 17th of August at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
2) The registrations are over on the official website and only those who have registered will be allowed to enter the venue.
3) 50,000 registrations have been received and the capacity of the stadium is 30,000. Entry to the stadium is on first come first serve basis. So reach the venue nice and early. The gates will shut an hour before the event starts.
4) The closest metro stations to the venue – Dubai Cricket Stadium, are the Mall of the Emirates station and the Dubai Internet City station. There are shuttle buses organized from these Metro stations to the venue. Entry will be on first come first serve basis.
5) It is important to carry a valid ID along with a copy of your registration which you would have received on the official NaMo in Dubai website. Registrations are closed. Entry will not be permitted unless you have a valid ID and your copy of registration.
6) The capacity of the Dubai Cricket Stadium – the venue of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public address – is 30,000. Entry will be on first come first serve basis. For those who have registered but do not get to enter the stadium, there will be huge screen constructed outside which will broadcast all the happenings of the cultural extravaganza and the Prime Minister’s speech.