My Dubai

Salman Khan applies for court permission to travel to Dubai

Bollywood actor Salman Khan, who is currently free on bail after being sentenced to five years in jail for killing a homeless man in Mumbai as part of a drunk driving hit-and-run incident in 2002, on Wednesday lodged paperwork to seek permission from the High Court to be allowed to travel to Dubai later this month to attend an awards show, according to a report by the Press Trust of India.

Khan, 49, was convicted by a criminal court in Mumbai of culpable homicide on charges he lost control of his car when driving under the influence of alcohol in 2002 and rammed into a group of people sleeping on a pavement. He had always claimed he was not at the wheel at the time of the accident.

Following his release on bail, it was reported that Khan would be made to surrender his passport.

Earlier this month, the organisers of the Arab Indo Bollywood Awards (AIBA), set to take place on May 29 at Dubai’s Meydan racecourse, said in statement to the media: “Tickets sales have begun with great response from fans waiting to see Salman Khan and other stars.”

The event is being organised by Benchmark in association with Al Bustan Group. The statement said the event will be “first of its kind that will see over 150 Bollywood stars in Dubai.”

Twenty awards are being made, chosen by a jury comprising of Tigmanshu Dhulia, Goldie Behal, Javed Jaffery, Arbaaz Khan, Sreedhar Raghavan, Komal Nahata and Shyam Shroff.

While the organises subsequently moved to have the reports of Khan’s attendance removed, his court submission this week appears to confirm his intension to travel to Dubai for the event.

The court will make a decision on the application next week.

© 2015 ITP DIGITAL Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).

Show your LOVE for Bollywood Dubai by SHARING this post!

Leave a Reply