DUBAI: The Indian community is planning a grand reception for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in UAE who is set to visit UAE on 16th and 17th of August, the first trip by an Prime Minister to the country in 34 years.
According to a statement released here, the Indian Community Welfare Community (ICWC) is organising a public reception at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
“An organising committee has been formed to make this a grand success. Transport arrangements are being made to make this a grand success,” ICWC said in the statement.
A website and a Facebook page have also been set up to facilitate people’s visit to the site of the reception.
It was earlier learnt that PM Modi is likely to visit the UAE on August 16 and 17, making him the first Indian prime minister to visit the country in 34 years. The last visit by then prime minister Indira Gandhi was in 1981.
According to sources here, an official announcement confirming the visit’s details is expected within days from New Delhi. PM Modi will kick off his visit in Abu Dhabi and address the Indian community the next day in Dubai. Source
Tags: Narendra Modi first UAE trip, Namo in Dubai, India PM in Dubai, Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Live in Dubai, Watch Live Video of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium, PM Modi in Dubai Recent Events; National Events; PM Modi in Dubai International Events. PM Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium in Dubai · PM Modi comes to Dubai National Handloom.
PM Narendra Modi in UAE Important Info
1) The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will address the Indian community at a cultural extravaganza on the 17th of August at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
2) The registrations are over on the official website and only those who have registered will be allowed to enter the venue.
3) 50,000 registrations have been received and the capacity of the stadium is 30,000. Entry to the stadium is on first come first serve basis. So reach the venue nice and early. The gates will shut an hour before the event starts.
4) The closest metro stations to the venue – Dubai Cricket Stadium, are the Mall of the Emirates station and the Dubai Internet City station. There are shuttle buses organized from these Metro stations to the venue. Entry will be on first come first serve basis.
5) It is important to carry a valid ID along with a copy of your registration which you would have received on the official NaMo in Dubai website. Registrations are closed. Entry will not be permitted unless you have a valid ID and your copy of registration.
6) The capacity of the Dubai Cricket Stadium – the venue of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public address – is 30,000. Entry will be on first come first serve basis. For those who have registered but do not get to enter the stadium, there will be huge screen constructed outside which will broadcast all the happenings of the cultural extravaganza and the Prime Minister’s speech.