Modi in UAE: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit the United Arab Emirates on 16 and 17 August, making him the first in his office to do so in three decades.
Indira Gandhi was the last Indian Prime Minister to visit the UAE in 1981.
Understandably, the Indian diaspora in the UAE are eagerly awaiting Modi’s visit, and has planned a grand event for the Indian Prime Minister.
A mega event has been planned for Modi to address the Indian community in Dubai at the Dubai Cricket Association (DCA) Stadium on 17 August, with about 50,000 people expected to attend the event, local media reported.
The Indian Community Welfare Committee has even launched a website for NaMo in Dubai (www.namoindubai.ae) to get registrations for the event. Registrations are compulsory to attend Modi’s reception, organisers have said.
K Kumar, convenor of the Indian Community Welfare Committee, explained to Gulf News how Indians in Dubai can register to see Modi live during his address.
People need to log on to www.namoindubai.ae, fill in all their details and click register. They will receive a confirmation and then they need to take a print-out of the registration page with them along with a valid photo identification card to participate in the event. This is important so that we get an idea of the numbers and also on account of the security arrangements,” he said.
To make the process clearer, these are the steps you need to follow to register –
- Log on to www.namoindubai.ae.
- Fill in details.
- Register and wait for confirmation.
- Take print-out of registration page.
- Carry it with you along with a photo ID at the event.
The group has also created a Facebook page, which interested Indians can check for details.
While Modi is visiting the UAE to discuss trade and security issues and seek investments in infrastructure and aviation, he will address the Indian diaspora as he has during his visits to other countries such as the United States, Australia and China.
There are nearly 2.6 million Indians in the UAE who have been awaiting the visit of an Indian Prime Minister for decades.
I will interact with the Indian community at a programme in Dubai on 17th August. http://t.co/aNxi5wwcqR
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 13, 2015
My visit to UAE will boost ties between our nations & will enhance economic as well as trade relations. http://t.co/MLcGL9nNMz
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 13, 2015
Modi’s proposed visit is said to have already brought together Indians of all faiths living in the Gulf nation to accord him a spectacular welcome.
“This news has brought together thousands of Indians from different walks of life — members of a variety of Indian associations for the Sikhs, the Bohri Muslims, the Kerala Muslim Cultural Centre, the Jains — have volunteered to participate in the organisational work,” BR Shetty, chairman of NMC Health Care, told Gulf News.
PM Narendra Modi in UAE Important Info
1) The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will address the Indian community at a cultural extravaganza on the 17th of August at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
2) The registrations are over on the official website and only those who have registered will be allowed to enter the venue.
3) 50,000 registrations have been received and the capacity of the stadium is 30,000. Entry to the stadium is on first come first serve basis. So reach the venue nice and early. The gates will shut an hour before the event starts.
4) The closest metro stations to the venue – Dubai Cricket Stadium, are the Mall of the Emirates station and the Dubai Internet City station. There are shuttle buses organized from these Metro stations to the venue. Entry will be on first come first serve basis.
5) It is important to carry a valid ID along with a copy of your registration which you would have received on the official NaMo in Dubai website. Registrations are closed. Entry will not be permitted unless you have a valid ID and your copy of registration.
6) The capacity of the Dubai Cricket Stadium – the venue of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public address – is 30,000. Entry will be on first come first serve basis. For those who have registered but do not get to enter the stadium, there will be huge screen constructed outside which will broadcast all the happenings of the cultural extravaganza and the Prime Minister’s speech.
Tags: Narendra Modi first UAE trip, Namo in Dubai, India PM in Dubai, Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Live in Dubai, Watch Live Video of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium, PM Modi in Dubai Recent Events; National Events; PM Modi in Dubai International Events. PM Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium in Dubai · PM Modi comes to Dubai Shiekh Zayed Mosque, Map for dubai cricket stadium sport city, Directions to Dubai Cricket Stadium Dubai Modi Visit