Modi in Dubai News Update: Indian PM Narendra Modi visit to Dubai on August 16 and 17, 2015 is the time Indians are keenly looking forward to the forthcoming visit of the Indian Prime Minister.
Thousands of Indians living in UAE are expected to attend a public meeting for Modi at the Dubai Cricket Association Stadium located at Dubai Sports City, Dubai on August 17, 2015.
An designated organising committee called Namo in Dubai has been set up to make arrangements and its official website is www.namoindubai.ae, This is to invite online registration for attending the public meeting says
K. Kumar, convenor of the Indian Community Welfare Committee (ICWC) in Dubai who is looking after all the arrangements, told to a polular News Channel (Gulf News): “We formed namoindubai for the express purpose of overseeing all arrangements for this event. People need to log on to www.namoindubai.ae, fill in all their details and click register. They will receive a confirmation and then they need to take a print-out of the registration page with them along with a valid photo identification card to participate in the event. This is important so that we get an idea of the numbers and also on account of the security arrangements.”
Chairman of NMC Health Care, Dr B.R. Shetty outlined the preparations: “This news has brought together thousands of indians from different walks of life — members of a variety of Indian associations for the Sikhs, the Bohri Muslims, the Kerala Muslim Cultural Centre, the Jains — have volunteered to participate in the organisational work. Indians have responded in huge numbers already.”
Although the DCA event is being organised on the lines of Modi’s celebrated Madison Garden event, no entry fee will be charged for the audience.
“Many Famous Indian businessmen living in UAE have come together to foot the bill for the arrangements but doing so without any commercial interest. The audience just needs to register and come on the day with copy of their registration card and a photo ID. Their entrance to the event is completely free and keeping it strict that there will be no labelling or branding of the event,” said Shetty.
Ram Buxani, President of the ITL group and Members of the organising committee, told a prominat News paper in Dubai (Gulf News) this was one of the most important state- level events in over three decades.
“After 34 years, an Indian prime minister is making this effort and it is widely appreciated by the Indian diaspora. The over two million Indians in the UAE were feeling neglected and this visit will not only refresh the bilateral trade and cultural relations between the two countries, it will also reinforce the strong sense of belonging in the expatriates by pumping in greater self-esteem and confidence.”
Incidentally, Dr Buxani was also a member of the organising committee over three decades ago during former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s visit in 1981 and feels blessed to be doing this again and recalls receiving the late prime minister at Dubai airport.
Dr Jameel, Managing Director of Prime Health Care Group, felt this visit was an acknowledgement of the Indian community’s achievements and contributions.
“Prime Minister Modi’s development-oriented agenda is in sync with the progress being made by the UAE and his visit will help further enhance the image of our country.” Source
PM Narendra Modi in UAE Important Info
1) The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will address the Indian community at a cultural extravaganza on the 17th of August at the Dubai Cricket Stadium.
2) The registrations are over on the official website and only those who have registered will be allowed to enter the venue.
3) 50,000 registrations have been received and the capacity of the stadium is 30,000. Entry to the stadium is on first come first serve basis. So reach the venue nice and early. The gates will shut an hour before the event starts.
4) The closest metro stations to the venue – Dubai Cricket Stadium, are the Mall of the Emirates station and the Dubai Internet City station. There are shuttle buses organized from these Metro stations to the venue. Entry will be on first come first serve basis.
5) It is important to carry a valid ID along with a copy of your registration which you would have received on the official NaMo in Dubai website. Registrations are closed. Entry will not be permitted unless you have a valid ID and your copy of registration.
6) The capacity of the Dubai Cricket Stadium – the venue of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public address – is 30,000. Entry will be on first come first serve basis. For those who have registered but do not get to enter the stadium, there will be huge screen constructed outside which will broadcast all the happenings of the cultural extravaganza and the Prime Minister’s speech.
Tags: Dubai news Narendra Modi, Namo in Dubai News, Narendra Modi Dubai News, Modi Dubai News, Narendra Modi first UAE trip, Namo in Dubai, India PM in Dubai, Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Live in Dubai, Watch Live Video of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium, PM Modi in Dubai Recent Events; National Events; PM Modi in Dubai International Events. PM Modi at Dubai Cricket Stadium in Dubai · PM Modi comes to Dubai Shiekh Zayed Mosque, Map for dubai cricket stadium sport city, Directions to Dubai Cricket Stadium Dubai Modi Visit, Narendra Modi UAE visit